Matthias

Matthias before Autism



Matthias After Autism


Matthias During Recovery


I first started seeing the 'signs' when he was about 12 months old.
He didn't talk or walk yet and he never answered to his name. He was always in his own little world.. I constantly questioned his doctor about it.  But he assured me over and over again he's a boy, they just start talking later give him time. Then after his round of vaccinations after his 12 month birthday Matthias had a high fever of 105 and screamed all night long.... thankfully his fever did go away but he was even worse after that. The eye contact we did have with him was gone, I couldn't get him to look at the camera with out having to stand on my head and pray that I snapped the picture quick enough.... the social interaction he had with us was gone, he just simply disappeared. He was officially diagnosed through early intervention here in Arizona at 32 months old ( 2.5 years). It was heart breaking for me, I knew something was wrong but was never quit sure.

This started our journey through autism and our journey of hope to recovery. The first year after his diagnosis he went to speech, OT and PT sessions weekly and we did see some progress. But not nearly enough, so we took casein out of his diet and with in a month he started talking :) I began to read up on bio medical treatments and what they were all about, and after a year of researching we started doing bio medical interventions.
In March of this year Matthias saw his first DAN doctor, and I can tell you I wish I would have been able to do it much earlier. He has made HUGE progress with bio medical treatments, he went from no verbal skills at all to being able speak in 6 word sentences. Its amazing the progress he has made, and I am ever so thankful to the Lord for giving us the opportunity to do these treatments with him.

Lisa
If you want to read more about Matthias Journey to Recovery visit Our Journey of Hope here :http://myboysmygreatestgiftsinlife.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment